Creative and Entertainment Industries
Study area: Social Sciences
Study field: Communication
Study language: Lithuanian
To prepare specialists of the sector of creative industries, able to independently produce, manage and commercialise creative and entertainment projects, to advertise and disseminate the results and products of producing activity, to initiate and develop activities of cultural, entertainment and creative areas in Lithuania and foreign countries.
A graduate of studies will be able:
- To integrally apply the knowledge and progressive theories of communication, management, law and other sciences when implementing producing activity in the sector of creative industries.
- To creatively apply the knowledge of art, culture, aesthetics when initiating and implementing the projects of events and media.
- To analyze and assess the local and the global field of culture, the situation in the market of creative industries and trends in change when foreseeing the directions, goals and strategies of professional activity.
- To assess the demand for creativity and entertainment projects, their profitability, impact of creative activity on the cultural development of society, while applying quantitative and qualitative research methods to a consumer.
- To generate ideas and conceptions of creative projects both individually and in a team when foreseeing the ways of implementation, means of expression and communication.
- To draft a plan of creative project when foreseeing the necessary activities, processes, human, material and financial resources aiming at the optimal realization of a creative idea.
- To implement creativity and entertainment projects when applying the methods of culture management, legal principles of producer activity, advanced creative and teachnological means.
- To present, publicize and commercialize the results and products of producer activity, while applying effective methods of marketing and communication.
- To integrate oneself as a creator into the processes of the modern mediated culture while undertaking social responsibility for the decisions of producer activity and the impact of creative activity on society.
- To constantly assess one's professional qualification, to foresee the trends of self-expression and self-development, to learn independently in order to achieve creative and technological advance when acting competitively in the sector of creative industries.
Full - time - 3 years, Part - time - 4 years.
|I year:||II year:||III year:|
|III year:||IV year:|
Graduates will be able to work in various creative industries sector companies that combine creativity and business (in the producers companies, radio, publishing companies, television, cultural organizations, advertising agencies, event services companies, and so on.) Synthesizes mediated and traditional culture, initiated by the creative and business integration.
Studies can be continued in Lithuanian and foreign higher schools, implementing II cycle study programmes in the group of Communication study field. Graduates, aiming at studying in the second cycle studies of communication field must conform to the requirements pre-set by the higher school and in the descriptor of the group of study field or fields, have knowledge and abilities necessary for studies in accordance with the programmes of a certain field. Graduates also may study according to study programmes that do not provide any degree.
Career Center is an SMK department, which provides individual career planning, work/internship search consultations, helps pupils to make independent, related to studies decisions, and for students – to integrate successfully into study process and labour market, coordinates Alumni Club activity and implements monitoring of graduates, communicates with social partners and representatives of the employers, organises seminars, courses and lectures.