Study area: Social Sciences
Study field: Communication
Study language: Lithuanian
to prepare communication specialists, able to manage any type of public relations in an organization, to plan its communication strategy, to initiate, create and implement representative written, visual and audiovisual products, to spread qualitative content of information in the modern media through the use of tools and channels of digital communication.
A graduate of studies will be able:
- to apply communication theory, public relations strategy, knowledge of business, law and ethics while positioning an organization and its activity, creating a positive image of an organization in constantly changing home and foreign markets;
- to apply research methods of social sciences and public communication in the analysis, development and improvement of communicative activity of an organization;
- to manage internal and external communication in organizations while planning trends of information activity in accordance with the type and nature of an organization activity, when foreseeing the most suitable communication strategy;
- to create informational oral, written, visual, audiovisual products through the application of the models of story creation and telling, tools and channels of digital communication, technologies of public relations;
- to initiate, prepare and manage communicative projects, events of an organization both independently and in a team, cherishing values, traditions and social responsibility of an organization;
- to choose, to use and to coordinate both traditional and modern ways of transferring information in an organization, assuring the most effective spread of a certain content for a target audience;
- to administer website of an organization and accounts of social networks, to create their content, to maintain feedback with the customers of an organization, its users and partners;
- to communicate officially both in written and orally with customers, society, demonstrating an exceptional culture of a Lithuanian word;
- to cooperate with international partners of an organization in a professional foreign language;
- to constantly assess one’s professional qualification, to foresee the trends of self-expression and self-development, to learn independently seeking creative and responsible representation of organization and art of communication in a competitive environment.
Full - time - 3 years, Part - time - 4 years.
|I year:||II year:||III year:|
|III year:||IV year:|
Studies can be continued in Lithuanian and foreign higher schools, implementing II cycle study programmes in the group of Social Sciences study field. Graduates, aiming at studying in the second cycle studies of communication field must conform to the requirements pre-set by the higher school and in the descriptor of the group of study field or fields, have knowledge and abilities necessary for studies in accordance with the programmes of a certain field.
Career Center is an SMK department, which provides individual career planning, work/internship search consultations, helps pupils to make independent, related to studies decisions, and for students – to integrate successfully into study process and labour market, coordinates Alumni Club activity and implements monitoring of graduates, communicates with social partners and representatives of the employers, organises seminars, courses and lectures.