Fashion and Style Management
Study area: Social Sciences
Study field: Management
Study language: Lithuanian
To prepare managers of fashion and style, able to create, plan, organize and manage the activities of creating a fashion and style product, able to apply modern trends of fashion and style, perceiving innovative principles of attracting and sustaining a customer, responsibly developing activities and projects of fashion and style both in national and international markets under changing circumstances of the environment.
A graduate of studies will be able:
- to apply integrated knowledge of the history of fashion and style, the modern trends of fashion and style, the principles of economics, management and marketing in an effective management of the processes of fashion and style business and in responding to the global changes and customer needs;
- to carry out a market analysis in order to assess and forecast the changes in fashion and style business;
- to organize and control complex processes of fashion and style business, through rational usage of material and human resources, applying the modern principles of management, leadership and socially responsible business;
- to manage the pricing of fashion and style products and services, purposefully choosing distribution channels in both local and foreign markets, assessing the costs of commodity production, service provision and sales;
- to manage the processes of creating and selling innovative fashion products and services of style formation, appropriately forming the range of fashion and style products and services, taking into account the changing needs of the market and consumers and aiming at competitiveness and sustainable growth;
- to manage the branding of fashion and style products and services through creative implementation of the activities of product support and popularization;
- to implement the projects of fashion, style creation and image formation when constructively cooperating with contact audiences, customers, business partners, representatives of trademarks and designers both in national and international markets;
- to responsibly apply legal acts and other normative documents, which regulate the legal liability of creating fashion products, to respect copyrights, to carry out professional activity following ethical and legal norms;
- to think systematically, critically and creatively, to initiate new ideas independently or in cooperation with others in a team, to make decisions undertaking responsibility for the quality and results of activity;
- to communicate professionally (in spoken and in written) with business partners and customers in both mother tongue and at least one foreign language, applying skills of cooperation and presentation and using the newest information technologies and sources of information;
- to constantly deepen one’s knowledge and skills, through assessment of one’s professional activity and experience, to foresee the trends of self-expression and self-development and to develop independently one’s professionalism when acting in a changing business environment.
Full - time - 3 years, Part - time - 4 years.
|I year:||II year:||III year:|
|III year:||IV year:|
Graduates of Fashion and Style Management study programme will be able to work in marketing departments of service, production and sales companies working in fashion business in Lithuania or other countries, planning fashion products marketing (formation of assortment, pricing decision making, organizing fashion products distribution and promotion), also to create individual fashion products designers branding and to form their products marketing.
Studies can be continued in Lithuanian and foreign higher schools, implementing II cycle study programmes in the group of Business and Public Management study field. Graduates, aiming at studying in the second cycle studies of marketing field must conform to the requirements pre-set by the higher school and in the descriptor of the group of study field or fields, have knowledge and abilities necessary for studies in accordance with the programmes of a certain field.
Career Center is an SMK department, which provides individual career planning, work/internship search consultations, helps pupils to make independent, related to studies decisions, and for students – to integrate successfully into study process and labour market, coordinates Alumni Club activity and implements monitoring of graduates, communicates with social partners and representatives of the employers, organises seminars, courses and lectures.