Transport and Logistics Business
Study area: Social Sciences
Study field: Business
Study language: Lithuanian
To train skilled specialists of Professional Bachelor of Transport and Logistics, who understand the main national and international systems of transport and logistics, who have the up-to-date and relevant knowledge for transport and logistics business, who are able to manage the technological process of road transport and logistics, to establish and manage a business company, which are able to act independently and creatively in the changing conditions of business.
A graduate of studies will be able:
- To acquire and apply general knowledge of economics, finance, management and business organization, general and special abilities, necessary for a successful professional activity and continuous development.
- To know the trends and peculiarities of transport development, legal acts regulating the carriage of cargo by road transport, vehicles of carrying by roads and the rules of their technical maintenance.
- To assess business environment, to establish logistics or transport company (division).
- To organize activity of transport or logistics company (division).
- To know how to use information technologies in the fields of transport and logistics and to be able to manage logistics information flows.
- To plan the technological process of road transport and to organize its material supply.
- To manage provision and warehousing functions and process orders.
- To manage, analyze and assess the technological process of carrying a logistic product, while integrating in logistics system.
- To acquire abilities to assess one’s professional activity, knowledge and experience, to determine trends of self-expression and self-development and to develop one’s professionalism while acting in the changing business environment.
Full - time - 3 years, Part - time - 4 years.
|I year:||II year:||III year:|
|III year:||IV year:|
Studies can be continued in Lithuanian and foreign higher schools, implementing II cycle study programmes in the group of Business and Public Management study field. Graduates, aiming at studying in the second cycle studies of business field must conform to the requirements pre-set by the higher school and in the descriptor of the group of study field or fields, have knowledge and abilities necessary for studies in accordance with the programmes of a certain field.
Career Center is an SMK department, which provides individual career planning, work/internship search consultations, helps pupils to make independent, related to studies decisions, and for students – to integrate successfully into study process and labour market, coordinates Alumni Club activity and implements monitoring of graduates, communicates with social partners and representatives of the employers, organises seminars, courses and lectures.